2014 Atlantic Provinces Trapshooting Championships
Photo Courtesy of the Moncton Gun Club
The 2014 Atlantic Provinces ATA Provincial Shoot was held on August 29-31, 2014 at the Moncton Gun Club in New Brunswick.
- The weather was sunny and seasonal. STRONG winds and hungry, aggressive mosquitoes plagued shooters throughout the tournament.
- ATA Life Member Jerry Stafford returned to shooting after a 5 year absence. Colby Stafford, his grandson, also registered his first ATA targets at this shoot.
- Shooters from Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Ontario and Quebec attended the tournament.
- There were plenty of category shooters, and for the first time in several years a Junior Shooter. Three lady shooters competed, and it was nice to see numerous SBVT, several VT, and SR VT shooters attend.
- Troy Coldwell won all but one of the Championship Events. Coldwell tied with Alexander Cribb for top resident score in Handicap and accepted Runner Up after the shoot off.
- Team NL won the 5 MAN TEAM Competition - Team NL consisted of Andrea Bassan, Troy Coldwell, Joe Rosa, Brian Lewis and Peter Tucker.
- Bassan and Coldwell also won the 2 MAN TEAM Competition in Singles and Doubles.
- The Annual General Meeting of the APTA was held on Sunday, there were no changes to the AP Executive:
- ATA, CTA Delegate and APTA President: A. Bassan
- APTA VP: T. Coldwell
- APTA Secretary & Treasurer: D. Blades.