2017 Atlantic Provinces Trapshooting Championships
Atlantic Provinces 5 Man Team Champions
(left to right Brian Blades, Doug Blades, Aubrey Spinney, Andrea Bassan presenting award, Reynold D'Entremont, Ken D'Eon)
Moncton Gun Club, Riverview, NB
The 2017 Atlantic Provinces (AP) Trapshooting Championships was hosted by the Moncton Gun Club located in Riverview, NB just outside of Moncton September 1-3, 2017. In attendance were the regular AP competitors from Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick with a compliment of shooters from Ontario and Quebec. Attendance was up by 20% in the Preliminary Singles and AP Singles Championship events with other events on par with last year’s attendance.
- Canadian Singles AA Open Champion Troy Coldwell claims the Preliminary Singles, Ken d’Eon claims the Preliminary Handicap and visiting Quebec shooter Serge Pelletier claims the Preliminary Doubles titles
- Andrea Bassan claims his 3rd AP Singles Championship besting the field of 56 shooters. Peter Grant (Quebec) claims his 5th Open AP Singles Championship.
- Canadian Singles Open Champion Doug Blades wins the AP Singles Runner up trophy for the 2nd year running
- Ontario shooters Dianne Wood and Byron House claim the Open Lady and Open Veteran trophies respectively
- Team SW Nova (Doug Blades, Brian Blades, Ken d’Eon, Reynold d’Entremont and Aubrey Spinney) claim the 5 Man Team Singles Championship
- Bassan and Coldwell claim the 2 Man Team Singles and 2 Man Team Doubles races
- Coldwell claims an impressive 8th consecutive AP Doubles title. Quebec shooter, Claude Lyonnais, attending his first AP Shoot, claims the Doubles Open title while Doug Blades defends the AP Doubles Runner up title
- Clyde d’Entremont is the AP Handicap Champion with a score of 93 in the main handicap event. 2015 Champion Steven d’Entremont claims the Runner up title while the 2016 Handicap Champion, Herbie Nickerson, claims the Sub Veteran title.
- Peter Grant claims his 3rd Open AP Handicap title
- Carl d’Entremont dominates the Veteran category winning in all 3 AP Championship events
- Paul Bailey defends his AP Handicap Senior Veteran trophy for the 2nd year
- Doug Blades captures the HAA Closed while Coldwell claims the HAA Open
- Coldwell defends the HOA Championship Closed for the 4th consecutive year while Reynold d’Entremont captures the HOA Open title
- The APTA Trap Mechanics keep the shoot on schedule fixing and repairing traps as needed. Pictured left to right are: Troy Coldwell, Jim Wood, Andrea Bassan and Doug Blades
APTA Business Meeting Highlights:
- Representatives from the Highland Gun Club located near Yarmouth, NS expressed their interest in hosting the 2018 AP ATA Championships. Their bid to host was unanimously accepted and the shoot awarded to the Highland Gun Club for 2018.
- A motion was made to estabish an Atlantic Provinces Trapshooting Association Hall of Fame.
- Elected APTA officials are:
- ATA Delegate, CTA Delegate and APTA President - Andrea Bassan
- ATA Alternate Delegate - Vacant
- APTA 1st VP - Troy Coldwell
- Secretary / Treasurer - Doug Blades