Latest News Archive
Latest News Archive
December 12, 2022
November 27, 2022
October 10, 2022
September 6, 2022
July 18, 2022
June 22, 2022
May 27, 2022
April 26, 2022
April 7, 2022
March 1, 2022
February 16, 2022
January 27, 2022
January 17, 2022
- Dennis DeVaux - Rest in Peace
- Sandy Tidwell - Rest in Peace. Sad to report that Trap & Field Senior Editor Sandy Tidwell passed away on January 6, 2022. Sandy had been with Trap & Field since the 1980's, and she takes with her a vast knowledge of the sport’s history. She will be greatly missed.
December 31, 2021
December 15, 2021
October 28, 2021
September 9, 2021
August 27, 2021
August 11, 2021
August 4, 2021
July 14, 2021
July 8, 2021
- Presquadding opens August 1 for the 2021 Atlantic Provinces ATA Provincial Shoot
- Special Hotel Rates for attending shooters will be announced soon
- Stay tuned for details on the Shooter's Banquet!
June 28, 2021
June 6, 2021
April 21, 2021
April 11, 2021
March 8, 2021
February 23, 2021
February 1, 2021
November 3, 2020
October 6, 2020
- We’re live with a new website layout!
September 27, 2020
September 7, 2020
August 5, 2020
July 27, 2020
July 14, 2020
July 6, 2020
June 17, 2020
May 26, 2020
- May's Shooter Profile: Shawn d'Entremont
- Trapshooting is slowly resuming across the Atlantic Canada! Stay safe and have fun!
May 21, 2020
- The 2020 Atlantic Provinces ATA Provincial Shoot program is now available
- Please note that changes may be necessary to comply with COVID-19 restriction and guidelines
- Click here for the most up to date shoot program
- May's Around the ATA article now available
April 2, 2020
March 13, 2020
March 8, 2020
February 24, 2020
February 5, 2020
January 5, 2020
December 9, 2019
November 1, 2019
October 9, 2019
September 8, 2019
September 3, 2019
- Congratulations to the 2019 Atlantic Provinces Champions.
- Singles Champion - Troy Coldwell
- Doubles Champion - Troy Coldwell
- Handicap Champion - Janaya Nickerson
- Complete Atlantic Provinces Shoot Results and Preliminary Write Up
- PSC - APTA Gun Lottery Winner - Terry LeBlanc. Ticket Number D-0068.
- Atlantic 1000 Purse Winner - Janaya Nickerson
August 23, 2019
August 6, 2019
The ATA Grand American is taking place July 31 - August 10. Check out these links for shooting results and videos from the ATA and on site vendors.
August 2, 2019
- NL Trapshooting Championships. Results posted under Club Centre --> Shoot Results
- Presquadding is open for the 2019 Atlantic Provinces ATA Provincial Shoot. Go to www.presquad.com to get presquadded.
- Tickets are still available for the PSC - APTA Gun Lottery. Get your ticket today!
- Reminder - ATA Memberships are due September 1. Renew now online!
- Blaser Canada and The Gun Dealer will be on site for this year's Atlantic Provinces Championships. Stop by and say hello and thank them for supporting our shoot
July 23, 2019
July 10, 2019
July 3, 2019
June 6, 2019
May 16, 2019
April 26, 2019
Some sad news to report today. Long time shooter Francis McNeil passed away suddenly on Wednesday, April 24. Our sincerest condolences goes out to the McNeil family.
Francis McNeil - October 15, 1942 - April 24, 2019
April 6, 2019
March 7, 2019
February 10, 2019
January 8, 2019
December 28, 2018
- new items under Shooters --> Resources
- late fall club shoots added to the Club Shoots page
December 16, 2018
We've made some changes to our website!
- Shooter Centre Menu added.
- Check out the Shooter Resources page. Info in the Milestones and Shooter Profile section to come!
- Sponsors section added under APTA Shoot --> Shoot Info
- Sponsors page listing added under APTA Shoot --> Sponsors
- New icons for Home and Contact Us pages
- Clicking on top logo returns you to Home Page
December 11, 2018
- December Around the ATA Article added
November 14, 2018
- November Around the ATA Article added
- For ATA Shoot Reporters. ATA Canadian Equivalents posted under Club Centre --> Club Resources section
- Another Gun Lottery is in the works for 2019. Stayed tuned for more details on the biggest and best lottery to date!
- Trapshooting Fundamentals Handbook by Remington
October 9, 2018
- Janaya Nickerson appointed Secretary of the Atlantic Provinces Trapshooting Association. Welcome aboard Janaya!
- Atlantic Provinces Champions updated.
- October Around the ATA Article added.
- Have an article, news or photo for our website? Contact us and we'll post it.
September 26, 2018
- September Around the ATA Article added.
September 16, 2018
September 10, 2018
- Day 1 Photo Gallery added to the 2018 AP Shoot Results page
- Oops. Photo link corrected for the Shoot Photos Photo Gallery.
- Photo Carousel updated
September 8, 2018
- The 2018 Atlantic Provinces Trapshooting Championships results have been posted
- Photo Galleries have been added
- Check out the 2018 APTA Shoot Results and Photos here
- Stay tuned for more 2108 Shoot Photos and writeups on the Blades' pre shoot lobster boil and Pollock fishing with the Nickersons
September 4, 2018
- PSC - APTA Gun Lottery Winning Ticket: 0037. The winner has been notified. Congratulations Wayne Kelley of NS!
- The 2018 Atlantic Provinces Championships at the Highland Gun Club was a huge success.
- Congratulations to Atlantic Provinces Champions Reynold D'Entremont (Singles), Troy Coldwell (Doubles, HAA, HOA) and Rejean D'Entremont (Handicap)
- Complete AP Results will be posted soon
August 22, 2019
- 2019 Target Year Rule Changes
August 16, 2018
- Ready for this year's AP shoot? Got your ammo, hotel reservations and presquadded for the event? Presquadding end Sunday, August 19.
- Got your PSC-APTA Gun Lottery ticket? Limited numbers remaining!!
- Updated Shoot Results under Club Centre --> Club Shoot Results
- St. John's Rod and Gun Club's Memorial Shoot
- NS Trapshooting Championships - Highland Gun Club
- Highland Gun Club upgrades are complete and are ready for this year's shoot. Click here for all the details.
- News from Ontario: Ontario Provincial Shoot article
August 7, 2018
- July and August Around the ATA articles added
- NS Provincial Trap Shoot a success. Complete list of winners to follow soon.
- Shoot Calendar Updates
July 16, 2018
- Check out how the AP shooters did at this year's Canadian Trap Championships under the APTA Abroad section.
- Petitcodiac Doubles Marathon results added under Club Shoots
- 2018 NL Trapshooting results added under Club Shoots
- Squads are filling up fast for this year's AP Shoot. Presquad now at www.presquad.com for your chance to win free ammo! See shoot program for details.
- Got your ticket on the Beretta 692 Xtrap? Click here for details.
June 18, 2018
June 13, 2018
- Club and Shooter Updates under our Club Centre section. Visit our Club Shoot Results for the latest news!
- Shooter's Rate for the Atlantic Provinces Championships
Contact the Rodd Grand Hotel - 417 Main Street, Yarmouth. 902-742-2446
- PSC Handicap Marathon Information
June 4, 2018
- June's Around the ATA Article added
- Tickets for the PSC- APTA Gun Lottery are selling fast. Get yours today. See poster for complete details.
- Atlantic Provinces ATA Provincial Shoot is listed on presquad.com. Presquadding opens July 2
- This year's Atlantic Provinces ATA Provincial Shoot Program will be available any day now!
- View the program cover page here.
- We're working on a Shooter's Special Rate at a local Yarmouth hotel. Stay tuned!
May 9, 2018
April 7, 2018
- APTA Abroad section updated with 2018 Florida State Shoot highlights
- April's Around the ATA article added
- My ATA and Shooter Information Site links added to main page
- New links also added at bottom of main page
2018 Southern Grand Handicap Champion - Peter Tucker - 99/100
Congratulations to Peter Tucker for winning the 2018 Southern Grand Handicap Championship with a score of 99/100 - a personal best handicap score for Peter. This annual ATA Satellite Grand held at the Silver Dollar Shooter's Club in Odessa, Florida is one of the ATA's premier shoots and attracts some of the top shooters in the ATA ranks. Peter's 99 in the main Handicap event topped a field of 495 shooters. Well done Peter!!
Photo Credit: Trap & Field Magazine.
Copyright to the Amateur Trapshooting Association. All rights reserved.
March 31, 2018
- APTA Abroad section updated with 2018 Southern Grand highlights and photos
- Monty Petipas attends the Florida State Shoot. Shoot story coming soon
- 2018 PSC & APTA Gun Lottery deatils are being finalized. Details coming soon
- Highland Gun Club kick off the 2018 AP ATA Registered Shoot season - see Club Shoot Results section for details
March 20, 2018
- 2018 Southern Grand APTA Abroad Updates coming soon
- 2018 Southern Grand Handicap Champion Peter Tucker - 99/100
- Herbie and Janya Nickerson both earn yardage at the 2018 Southern Grand
March 9, 2018
- APTA Abroad updated with 2018 Spring Grand results
- 2018 Spring Grand / Arizona / Grand Canyon picture gallery added
March 5, 2018
- The March 2018 Around the ATA article has been added
- Trophy List for the 2018 Canadian Trapshooting Championships
- 2018 Manitoba Shoot Schedule - see page 39 for Canadian Trapshooting Championship details
- Canadian Shoot Program will be available soon
- APTA Abroad update coming!
- PSC League Update under Club Centre --> Shoot Results
CTA President's House Fire
In the early hours of this morning, Dwight Smith, Canadian Trapshooting Association president, lost everything in a house fire. While he and his dog escaped, there is nothing left but ashes. A go-fund me page has been started to help Dwight on the long road to putting his life back together. Please consider donating and share widely. Click here to donate.
February 3, 2018
- A Site Update Archive has been added with a complete list of updates. Our main page will now only show the most recent updates.
- The APTA Abroad section updated with 2018 shoots our shooters will be attending. Stay tuned for updates!
- The February 2018 Around the ATA article has been added.
January 30, 2018
- Club Shoot Calendar section updated.
- Atlantic Provinces ATA Registered Shoot Listing added
- Petitcodiac Sportsman's Club Winter League information. 20 shooters registered!
- 2018 Atlantic Canada Shoot Schedule added
- Atlantic 1000 Target Purse expanded to include all shooters registering targets in the Atlantic Provinces
January 21, 2018
- The APTA Shoot Results pages have been updated from our archives
- 2003 and 2002 shoots have been added
- picture galleries added for numerous years
- If anyone has shoot information to fill in the gaps provide please forward them along
January 14, 2018
Our new SHOOTATLANTIC website has been launched with a completely redesigned Menu Bar, a mobile-friendly design and these new features:
- The main page now includes an image carousel to give shooters quick information on what's happening locally and around the ATA.
- The Club Centre menu is where shooters can find local gun clubs, upcoming shoot information, shoot results and where Gun Club Managers can find a link to all the ATA information they need.
- The APTA Hall of Fame is in the works so stay tuned for more information.
- The APTA Abroad section now includes the Canadian Trapshooting and Grand American Results and highlights our AP shooters as they compete around the ATA. A new image service will also allow us to post more photos of our APTA'ers Abroad.
- The Around the ATA is a monthly Trap and Field article written by the Atlantic Provinces ATA Delegate. The first article article is for January 2018
- The 2017 APTA Results have been updated. Check out the APTA Shoot menu and the APTA Shoot Results section.